Thursday 11 December 2008

Turning Japanese

A good friend of mine turned 40 last week and I was asked to create a large birthday card from a group of her friends. She loves Japanese art and it was suggested that I go with that theme. My initial reaction was to say "But I'm not Japanese", but then I remembered that I'll have a go at anything! I did a quick search on the internet for ideas and then set to it. This card shows a real change in direction from my usual work, and I was actually very pleased with the end result. Happy birthday Jane - I hope that you like it too!

5 comments:

LizzieJane said...

You have certainly outdone yourself this time, this card is just amazing, it looks very large indeed!
xx

Jenny said...

My mum would love this card. She loves all things Japanese. I have left you a tag over at frazzy dazzles.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a gorgeous card! You used the prefect papers for it - it has a real oriental feel.

Anonymous said...

Ooow Lisa, I love this card, the bold design is just perfect for this style of picture. Gorgeous!

jodi french paper arts said...

This is so neat.

Shareaholic