Sunday 4 January 2009

A New Calendar Year

Well, it hasn't been a great start to the New Year for my little country, but the kids are back at school after their Chanukah break and I am back at my desk, so for the time being life has gone back to normal for us. I made these little papercut pictures in preparation for some of the fairs I took part in before Chanukah, but didn't have the opportunity to show you them until now. Some of you may remember seeing the little penguins pictured in their unfinished state on my cutting mat in this post. These illustrations are 15x15cm and are crafted completely in cut paper. I had great fun deciding the colours for the scarves that the little bears are wearing!
Some pictures are now up for sale in my Etsy shop so please pop over and have a look.

9 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your pictures Lisa! The penguin is especially cute!

Anonymous said...

So sweet pictures!
Wishing you a great New Year! ;)

Laurie said...

Oh, much too cute. I love the penguins! Take good care, I've been worrying about you and others every day when I see the news.

Doda said...

Our thoughts are with you all over there.

Hope this year brings better things.
Shalom

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures, keep safe.

LizzieJane said...

The pictures are wonderful Lisa.
I so worry every time I turn the news on, keep safe my friend.
X

Jenny said...

I can't imagine living in a country as ravaged as yours seems at the moment. At least as we see it in the news. I hope that all those you hold near and dear are safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog. You have unique talent! I am also praying for your country. I have a dear & close Jewish friend in the city of Ashdod. Many prayers to you.

Fondly,

~Unfurling Flower~

Anonymous said...

hee-hee, I love the little puppy!!! He is so cute =] I hope that things will only improve in your country this year by some miracle.

Shareaholic