Thursday 19 February 2009

Fashion, football... and cooking

A few more birthdays have been celebrated this week, so I am now able to show you more of my recent designs. In the top right hand corner you can see a card for a gentleman who enjoys cooking and reading. All the cards shown were made for a wonderful customer who comes back to me year after year with requests for cards for pretty much the same people. I have been making cards for Bob for several years now, usually on a cooking theme, and each year I have to take it a little further and come up with something different. I am pretty sure that he has not had a chef's hat and wooden spoon before! Bottom right, you can see another of my football strip cards, similar to these ones. This time Manchester City was requested, and as far as football shirts go, fortunately theirs is one of the plainer ones! Finally, on the left, I created a card for a shopaholic 13 year old. We have a brand new shopping centre in our city and apparently she is there all the time. I hope that she likes the items of clothing that I have picked out for her on this card! You will notice that this card is in Hebrew and opens from right to left. I wonder how many of you can read what it says?

6 comments:

Daisy's Petals said...

Your cards are fantastic! I love receiving creative, handmade cards, and giving them as well! Great work:)

LizzieJane said...

Just wonderful Lisa, I don't know how you manage to come up with such great ideas.
x

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Wow - you just raise the bar with each batch of cards! Love the shopoholic one especially - teenage girls are certainly the same the world over.

trudette said...

I love your cards !

Unknown said...

such a unique style you've got, and i can see why people come to you year after year for more cards. they're really great. i especially like the one with the cooking theme.

Jenny said...

I used to be a shopaholic when I was 13....I'm just trying to figure out if I had more time or more money then because I certainly can't be one now! Beautiful cards.

Shareaholic