Monday 1 June 2009

The Best Cheesecake Recipe Ever

Last week we celebrated the festival of Shavuot, or the Festival of Weeks, which commemorates the anniversary of the day God gave the Torah to Moses and the Israelites at Mount Sinai. Shavuot is also connected to the season of the grain harvest in Israel and is the holiday when dairy foods such as cheesecake are traditionally served. Every year for the last few years I have made 'The Best Cheesecake Recipe Ever', a recipe that I discovered in a charity cookbook put together some years ago by a woman in my community, and to which I contributed a recipe or two. It really is a delicious cake and always leaves me wondering why I don't make cheesecake on other times of the year!
I recently delivered some new baby and kids birthday cards to a local baby store. Here you can see some of my little clown birthday cards in the making and, below, the box of cards in all it's glory before it was delivered. I hope that the cards sell well. They were fun to make and, as I have mentioned before, those little round baby faces always bring a smile to my face as I create them.Finally, I was very pleased to receive the 'One Lovely Blog Award' from both Linda B's Jewelry Designs and Naturally Comfy. I think that both Linda and Donna are relatively new readers of my blog and I am delighted that they are enjoying it and am honored to receive the award from them both. Thank you girls.

9 comments:

Doda said...

yum, any chance of you sharing that recipe?

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

I love traditions which involve eating certain foods at special times of the year. They taste all the better as you only have them occasionally! Your little clown faces are so sweet. Do you use a die cut or cut all your shapes by hand?

LizzieJane said...

Me too, I would love the recipe. Congratulations on your award, once again it is very well deserved.
x

Laurie said...

Your cheesecake looks awesome! And your baby cards are just too, too cute!

Congratulations on your award!

slevi said...

Hi Lisa. Your website looks great and artwork very impressive!

Sol

Linda B said...

Lisa, thank you for the mention and you so deserve the award.

Hope you had a good Shavuot. I didn't have time for a blog post.

Linda

SumpinElse said...

That cheesecake looks so delicious and your cards are as cute as can be! Thank you for sharing your traditions with us.

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

CHEESECAKE!!

That dog papercut is so cute.

You have a really super blog, well deserved award :0)

jenny said...

I agree with Doda....you need to share that receipe here!

Shareaholic