Saturday 25 July 2009

Sports Day

Well, not exactly sports day, but rather it's been a sports month or two over here. I have mentioned before that my family is somewhat sports - well, football - mad, and it does seem to spill over into my work from time to time. I have been creating football cards again, this time the new Hull City shirts, for a small shop I supply in Hull, England, where I am originally from. My Dad was in the shop and happened to tell the owner about the football shirt cards I had
previously made, and thus a new order was received for the black and amber Hull shirts. I am becoming somewhat of an expert on English football team strips!Not a Hull related card this time, but definitely sports related, the card above was requested for a 10 year old badminton fan. I actually received an e-mail from a friend asking me "How are your "shuttlecocks"?". The e-mail was sent from an address I did not immediately recognise, and it took me a moment or two to realise what it was all about! For a split second I thought someone was sending me a rather rude message...
I have mentioned to you before that I am member of the Etsy Greetings Team, a lively team of greeting card artists who collaborate to promote their work through Etsy.com. One of my fellow members, Adore by Nat, recently nominated me for the Craft Diva Award by Debbie of NYPapercrafter. I am always flattered to receive these awards and very much appreciate them being presented to me. Thank you so much.
We are going away for a few days next week, to Israel's southernmost city Eilat, so you won't be hearing from me for a short time. I'll be back very soon, hopefully with some great photos from our little trip away. We are all very excited here!

5 comments:

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

"How are your "shuttlecocks"?" Lol I would question that too.

Pretty cards!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Well done on your footy shirt order - I am sure they will prove to be very popular! Have a great trip.

Blue & White Wear said...

Beautiful cards!

Jenny said...

Those football cards look fabulous. I love the props in the photo too.

Ashley said...

Liking the footy cards! Consider yourself listed as a NG Israeli blogger!

Shareaholic