Thursday 9 July 2009

Summertime, and the livin' is easy

We have definitely slipped into a summer holiday mood over here. The kids are still up and out early at their summer camps every morning, but we have also found time to go swimming and eat plenty of ice pops. I am busy finishing off as much as I can before the real holiday begins, when the boys have finished camp and will be home for almost six weeks. I thought that the photo above summed up the mood perfectly. Delicious summer fruits - watermelon, cherries and grapes - juicy, chilled and ready to be eaten. We had friends over for a barbeque recently and as I prepared this fruit platter I noticed how fantastic the colours were and felt the need to grab my camera.
This week we were happy to join a good friend in celebrating the Barmitzvah of her son. The Barmitzvah boy is a gingie, or 'redhead' in Hebrew, and so, when his Mum asked me to make him a joint Barmitzvah and birthday card, this little image of him was easy to put together. Apparently he is a real bookworm and always has his nose in a book, so that was the theme that his Mum decided to go with. Mazal Tov. We really enjoyed being with you at the kibbutz for your Barmitzvah celebration.
I am a proud member of the Etsy Greetings Team, a dynamic team of greeting card artists who collaborate to promote their work through Etsy.com. It was decided to take a temporary break from the team blog during July, and instead to feature one card from a different member of the group each day. On July 6th I was very happy to have my cards featured, and I am looking forward to seeing all the other 'July' cards throughout the month.

2 comments:

Linda B said...

Lisa,

Fruit looks wonderful. And the card is great - a redheaded Jew, there aren't too many.

Happy summer.
B'shalom,
Linda B.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your summer fruits look delicious! Well done on the Etsy feature.

Shareaholic