Monday 17 August 2009

A Special Aunt

My immediate family is very small and spread all over the world. My father is in the UK, and my one and only Aunt lives in Arizona, USA. I have mentioned my Aunt before, when she ordered some cards for some special birthdays here. Well, this time it was her turn to celebrate and so a custom-made card was crafted to honor the occasion.
Her birthday has passed now and I know that she was very pleased with the card I made for her. I depicted her four cherished grandchildren - two girls and two boys - and illustrated the desert landscape of Arizona, with its cactuses and mountains, which my Aunt and Uncle love to hike in. Finally, I added some little illustrations of London and Paris, two cities where my Aunt studied, and of Chicago, where she spent most of her married life and where her children, my cousins, grew up.
I do not see my American family very often. Israel is a long way away! However, my Aunt and I are in contact often and, although we obviously could not be with her on her special birthday, I hope that this card let her to know that we were thinking of her and wishing her all the very best on the day.

2 comments:

Justine said...

That is such a sweet thing to do. It's a beautiful card.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Hello Lisa...I found you via Justine's Justnibbles blog. I will be happily following yours. Have a great weekend!

Shareaholic