Tuesday 22 September 2009

Let's Hear It For the Boys

My last couple of custom orders have been for boys. Yep, not a flower nor teddy bear in sight! The card above was made for a twelve year old boy who was getting an iPod touch for his birthday and has recently taken up tennis. I delivered the card via his sister, who seemed delighted with it, and remembered all the cards I had made previously for her brother's birthdays. I hope that the birthday boy liked it too. His mum tells me that her kids have come to expect a personalised 'Handmade in Israel' card every time. Good news for me!These birthday-cum-Barmitzvah cards were created for twin boys who recently turned 13, and will soon celebrate their Barmitzvahs. It was requested that I not go with a religious theme, but rather illustrate the football mad boys favourite teams. The red Liverpool shirt was easy. The stripes on the Bolton shirt required a little more attention, but I always persevere and often get carried away with all the little details. I added some long football socks to match the shirts this time as well.
Congratulations to all the boys on the happy occasion of their birthdays. I hope you enjoyed your special days.

3 comments:

Linda B said...

Hi Lisa, a great shop as always.

May you be inscribed and sealed in the book of Life.

Linda

UK lass in US said...

You make such great cards.

Hmm, how come no one gives me an ipod?

LizzieJane said...

What a wonderful keepsakes for those boys. If I were their mum I tuck them away somewhere safe. Just beautiful Lisa.
x

Shareaholic