Sunday 18 October 2009

Near and Far

I moved to Israel in 1995 but have kept in close contact with my best friend in the UK ever since and today she is flying over for a visit! I can't wait to see her and spend time with her, so expect things to be a little bit quieter on the blog front for a few days this week. Before I disappear however, I'd like to show you some recent custom-made cards, some of which have already also travelled quite some distance.
The cards for 'Shanie' and 'Yonah', above, were ordered by the visiting Mum of a Dutch friend, who sent them to the United States to her granddaughters there. Shanie plays the clarinet, which she has just started to learn, and I hope that she enjoys seeing her musical self playing on this card. The second card was for her sister, Yonah, who has just started first grade and so I depicted her reading a book, with her pencils at the ready!These cards are from my ready-made range, personalised with a birthday greeting. Some of these designs you may have seen before, but the shirt and tie is a new addition to my collection for men.Whilst in the synagogue recently, celebrating Simchat Torah, a lady came up to me and asked me if I was "The Card Lady". She told me that her son was due to celebrate his 40th birthday that coming week and asked me if I could make one of my special cards for the occasion. I was pleased to receive an e-mail from her the following day detailing his interests and hobbies, and the resulting customised card shows her son's two children, trainers illustrating his love of jogging, garden tools and a computer. My new customer seemed very happy with her card, and I was pleased with my new title too!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, have just so much fun with your friend! How nice that you've kept in touch and that she can visit!

LizzieJane said...

Oh what fun having a dear friend visit. I hope you both have a wonderful time. It is so much fun showing a friend all the great places where you live.
Lovely cards Lisa. I think your mind must be crammed full of great ideas.
x

Shareaholic