Thursday 29 October 2009

An Officer and... an Artist

One of the last-minute orders that I met last week was for a young lady who turned nine. Last year she was interested in ballet, but this year her favourite hobby is art, so I showed her with her paint palette and easel at hand, creating a masterpiece. Unfortunately last year I forgot to add her little round glasses - and her Mum was nice enough not to tell me - but I remembered this year and hope that they make the little artist look like the real thing!This card, in Hebrew, was ordered by the daughter of the lady I met in the synagogue a couple of weeks ago. Apparently she spotted the card I had made for her Mum and as a result wanted me to create one for her husband's birthday. The main feature of this card, apart from the 40, was to be army boots. Her husband is a reserve officer and on his birthday was representing Tzahal - The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) - abroad. He is also an avid reader and works in computers, so, as always, I have tried to illustrate his many interests on the card. The Hebrew greeting says 'Happy 40th Birthday, Benny'.
My visiting friend has now returned to the UK and I have had a busy week with several custom card orders and cards to make for a couple of shops that needed new stock. I'll be back in a few days with more to show you. See you then!

2 comments:

esque said...

Lovely card! Your shop is cute!

[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
[inkihandmade.etsy.com]

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the artist card! Kids must be thrilled to get cards with images of themselves on it - so much nicer than mass produced commercial cards.

Shareaholic