Thursday 26 November 2009

Glasses and a Guitar

A short while ago I received a call from a lady looking for a special wedding card for a close family member. She had seen the cards in my Etsy shop but wasn't sure if she wanted a card from there, or something custom-made. Chatting to her, I learnt that the groom-to-be played the guitar and that the bride wore green framed glasses. I realised that I could have some fun with the illustration of this couple, and so, after a photograph was e-mailed to me, I set to work creating the groom with his guitar and those glasses! Above, and below, you can see the end result. I do hope that the card was well received and that the customized design was appreciated. The Hebrew greeting wishes the couple 'Mazal Tov' or congratulations.
I have been very lucky to have my work included in several Etsy Treasuries lately. Christine of Beads of Paradise kindly included my Purple Cupcake Notebook in a lovely collection of purple coloured gifts. It is the first time that one of my notebooks has found its way into a treasury. My cards and pictures have always featured before. Thank you Christine. The extra exposure is always very much appreciated. My notebook can be seen below, right in the middle of the picture.

8 comments:

audreyscountrycrafts said...

WOW!! That must be a lot of work! You always have amazing cards :)

Plastiq said...

Luv the creativity. The cards are amazing. :-)

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Congrats on the treasury! The card is so creative!! You can see just how much work went into this. :)

Nicole Bergman said...

What a cute card! And good for you for making it into the treasury!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Looks wonderful! Scrapbooking and card making looks so complicated. Well done!

Alix said...

I loooove customized picture cards! You did a wonderful job :)

Fern said...

Very cute :) Reminds me of my long hair when I got married :)
31everything.com

Mami Made It said...

Your cards are so lovely!

Shareaholic