Thursday 5 November 2009

Nine

Tonight there are going to be lots of extra people sleeping in my house. Tonight my eldest son is having a sleepover to celebrate his birthday, and tomorrow, when he wakes up, he will be nine years old! He has invited eight friends to join us this evening, and Grandpa arrived on the plane from England last night, so we will have a full house, to say the least!
Birthdays of course means presents, cake, and a special card made by Mum. I have mentioned before my sons love of football. Last years birthday card showed him wearing half an Arsenal shirt and half a Hull City shirt. These English football teams are still his favourites, so this time I have shown him waving a football scarf favouring both teams. He goes to football coaching twice a week and occasionally receives tickets to go and see the Israeli team, Maccabi Tel Aviv. They have become firm favourites as well and so his card shows him wearing a Maccabi t-shirt. Henry the hamster has popped in too, sitting in his favourite position on top of my son's head, and 'Rabbity', who is also be celebrating his ninth birthday, makes an appearance in the top left-hand corner! My son has requested a football pitch cake for the last few years. This year he decided on something a little different, just for a change. According to his younger brother, he only wanted this alien cake because of all the sweets, but that is fine! On your birthday (nearly) everything is okay.
Happy Birthday to my special 9 year old. May we all get just a little bit of sleep tonight...

8 comments:

dottycookie said...

Awww, happy birthday to him. The card is lovely and the cake looks yummy - and I think you've been rather restrained on the sweetie front given how many people are in your house!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to your young man. My little guy is 9 as well. Its such a wonderful age. Everything before them but still children. I love it!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Happy Birthday Nadav - 9 is such a fun age for boys!! Hope the sleep over went well. Love the cake - I am sure it was a big hit with all the boys!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Well first of all, I don"t think you are crazy in the slightest for choosing to use your time to make your special cards. They are really quite wonderful. Your son's card for his 9th birthday is very special!

Stay Crafting, Carrie

Laurie said...

Well, I hope you survived the sleepover!! I know how those can be. The cake is lovely; happy birthday to your little man!

Michaela said...

Great cake! I think you were very sensible on the amount of sweets given the sleep-over. Did you get some sleep then?!

julie said...

9!! oh my gosh! i cant beleive how the time has flown by so quickly.
happy belated birthday to nadav!
your cooking/baking skills amazing as always :) x

Eye Shutter to Think said...

What a cool cake! You did a great job. Looks tasty :)

Shareaholic