Monday 2 November 2009

Positive feedback

Some people might think that I am slightly crazy choosing to make handmade cards all hours of the day, yet I love the little business that I have created for myself and occasionally I receive feedback that tells me that others appreciate what I do too. This morning I received an e-mail from a friend that made me feel like the most wonderful artist in the world! I made the card below, showing a little gymnast, for my friend to give to her daughter on her ninth birthday and it seems that it was a great success. With her permission, I am posting her e-mail below for all to see:
"T loved the card! She dug out all the cards you gave her over the past few years and had them lined up on the sideboard. A number of people commented how good they look. And T says she wants to do your job when she grows up :) It's not the first time she's said that!
Anyway, thanks again."I have been re-stocking at the local Judaica store too. The manager there called and asked me for various designs that they were running low on, including some more wedding cards, Barmitzvahs, and a few cards for the upcoming Festival of Lights, Chanukah.This little bear, below, has already travelled all the way to America. It is unusual for me to sit and spend some time on a card that I intend to use myself. I have mentioned before that I always pay great care and attention to custom orders and can spend a lot of time researching particular subject matters and hobbies, but when I need a card to send to a family member or friend, it usually comes out of my stock! However, on this occasion I did spend a little time making this cute teddy bear card for the young daughter of a good friend of mine. It was a sweet and simple design to create and I envisage more bears appearing in the future.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Your cards ARE wonderful--and you deserve every single compliment that comes your way.

I know what you mean about loving what you do despite how odd it may seem to others. This coming from someone who has made 500+ sock dogs in the past 3 years. And when you hear from someone who truly appreciates your work, it just inspires you to do even better, and keep going!

I think your cards are really spectacular--such great attention to detail. That little gymnast is totally cute, and the bear--yes, you have to make more!

Leeya Engel said...

I know exactly what you mean about positive feedback making it all worth it :)

Best of luck!

Shareaholic