Sunday 6 December 2009

Twins

A friend called and asked me to make a birthday card for her twin sister who lives in England. Her sister and her husband are keen Salsa dancers and so my friend described what the couple look like and asked me to create a card showing them dancing together. I made the card, below, and my friend seemed delighted with it.
A few days later I received an e-mail from my friend's husband. He had seen the birthday card for his sister-in-law and was therefore reminded to order a card from me for his wife! His e-mail read, "M. has her birthday next week (as you know because you did her twin sister's card!)." This time the requested theme was netball, and after a little probing, I found out that she plays in the Wing Attack position, so was able to personalise her card that little bit further by adding the correct letters to her red bib.
I was super impressed that her husband ordered a customised card for his wife. It has to be said that the majority of my customers are female and even my own husband generally doesn't have a clue when his own family's birthdays are (except for mine, of course!). Maybe marrying a twin does give this particular husband a clear and major advantage!

6 comments:

Annabelle said...

I just love it when there are stories behind the craft/artwork. And, what neat cards you have made. They definately need to keep those for many birthdays to come.

SocksAndMittens said...

What a lovely cards, Lisa!

Almost Precious said...

Great cards and how nice that you went the extra mile to make them more personalized. That will make them so much more special and I bet those cards will be put in a keepsake box to remember forever.

Tessa said...

I love your work!! :)

Fern said...

Ooo.... the dancing one is lovely! Makes me want to learn to dance like that! :) Super cute work!
31everything.com

Daniel Montoya said...

Your cards are so original and they look like they are made with lots of love.

Regards
-Daniel

BTW-
I'm having an easy to enter Giveaway in Blog for my new Etsy Store opening.

Shareaholic