Sunday 31 January 2010

A Saracens Fan

The boy celebrating his Bar Mitzvah on this occasion is a Saracens fan. I now know that the Saracens are a professional rugby union team based in St. Albans, England. It made a nice change to be creating a rugby card, rather than my usual football! Once again it was requested that I personalise the card with his favourite team but also add a Jewish element to it, so I have illustrated the Bar Mitzvah boy playing his favourite sport, dressed in his favourite team's colours but also wearing the traditional kippa (skullcap).
I also created some more traditional cards for the rest of his family. His parents and grandparents received 'Handmade in Israel' cards, below, depicting a Bar Mitzvah boy, Star of David and Torah scroll and tallit (prayer shawl).
Last week my nephew in London celebrated his birthday. It is sometimes hard to know how to illustrate a card for a 17 year old boy, and especially one whom I have created cards for many, many times before. I know that he is a table tennis player and a keen Arsenal supporter, so a colourful card with a bat and football was put together.
Today is the last day of the Etsy Greetings Team's Valentine's Day promotion. Terri of Cards and Moore by Terri, who has worked really hard pulling this promotion together, kindly included my Pack of 5 Valentine's Day Cards in an Etsy Treasury, seen below in the centre of the bottom row. They were in great company, and if you haven't yet searched Etsy for the perfect card, why not drop by now and purchase a card? Search "egvdpromo" on Etsy to find stunning handmade cards, made by some incredibly talented people.

5 comments:

Babamoon said...

your work is absolutely gorgeous and super cute! i wish you all the best x

Terri said...

It was my pleasure to feature your work in my treasury,. Thanks so much for the mention.

Almost Precious said...

Your cards are wonderful. I always admire the many talented card artists on etsy. It takes a lot of imagination to be constantly creating fresh, new designs. You have much imagination and a great deal of artistic talent.

LizzieJane said...

Congratulations on the treasury feature. Your brain must be crammed full of ideas. Your cards are beautiful Lisa.
x

Aloquin said...

Wow... Israel!!! I am now a follower of your blog AND your beautiful cards. God Bless you!!!

Shareaholic