Tuesday 4 May 2010

Colours Of The Rainbow

I often post photographs of stunning flowers growing in the wild, yet whilst doing a little outdoor tidying up last week, I couldn't resist photographing the colourful blooms growing right here in my own front garden. Though we have had a couple of surprising nighttime downpours during the last week, something always very much welcomed here because Israel's water resources remain perilously depleted, spring is very much here and it is wonderful to see the bright colours all around me. The season doesn't last long, quickly moving on to a long, hot and dry summer, so I intend to enjoy it while it lasts!It seems that others are enjoying the seasonal changes too. Linda, a teammate on Etsy Chai, created a beautiful treasury called 'EtsyChai Colours'. She kindly included my set of Happy Birthday and Thank You Cards, seen above, middle row, on the left. I was also delighted to discover, quite by chance, that my Penguin Papercut Picture made a treasury appearance this week too, below, once again, middle row, on the left. The picture was placed in a sweet collection, titled 'Zoo' and my penguin was in great company, next to many other bright and colourful animals.

7 comments:

claudia said...

Oh lovely photography! I love taking photos of flowers.. the colour and uniqueness makes for great photos! Cool post and lovely blog!

LizzieJane said...

Your photo's are just beautiful Lisa. What lovely flowers you have in your little corner of the world.
Congratulations on being featured in those wonderful treasuries.
Enjoy your day.
x

Linda B said...

The yellow flowers are fabulous - I can see them as beautiful tile pendants or magnets.

Thanks for mentioning me. I'm such a big fan of your work.

Linda B.

cabin + cub said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love this time of year, when everything is blooming! ;)

Lovely World said...

How nice to have your work showcased. Very satisfying to have your hard work noticed. Your flowers are lovely!

jdavissquared said...

pretty flowers!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the colours in your garden!

Shareaholic