Sunday 23 May 2010

Dumb... er, Wedding Bells

So, my 40th birthday has been and gone. The various celebrations are over - my very special weekend away with my husband, a guided tour of The Jerusalem Biblical Zoo on my actual birthday and then a lovely party with good friends in the back garden at the end of last week. Now it is time for others to celebrate and today a sweet couple in Melbourne, Australia are getting married. How do I know this? Because I was commissioned to make them a very special card of course!
The groom is the brother of a good friend of mine and therefore I was able to glean a little information about the couple to make their card extra special. He owns his own gym so I showed him wearing a sports vest with the actual logo of the gym on it and working out a little too, with a dumbbell in his hand. Because he is getting married I added a little bow tie to make his informal attire more suitable for the wedding!
The bride loves to travel and Paris in particular. She is also into a brand of clothing called Zadig & Voltaire. Therefore I found the logo of the clothing company and pinned it onto her wedding dress, while a little illustration of the Eiffel Tower can just be seen amongst the flowers of her wedding bouquet.
My friend is obviously still in Australia for the big event, but e-mailed me to tell me that "they loved your card. Appreciated it's uniqueness and V. was so surprised that I had included her favourite designer. Thanks again for all your effort."

6 comments:

Leeya Engel said...

So adorable!

Linda B said...

Lisa, that's terrific how you personalize the cards with the logos.

Linda B.

Laurie said...

Yes, you are so good!!

LizzieJane said...

So glad you had a wonderful Birthday celebration. The card is lovely Lisa. How great that you are able to get some info on the couple. I bet it helps tremondously when designing a car.
x

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you saw in a new decade in style! The wedding card's fabulous. Truly one of a kind!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Another gorgeous personalised card!

Shareaholic