Sunday 18 July 2010

A Flurry of Activity

Our family holiday is rapidly approaching and, whilst I have done next to nothing to prepare for our trip, my desk has seen a flurry of activity as I try and complete various orders before we go away. Fortunately the boys are in summer camp every morning until the end of this week so, up till now, I have managed to get quite a lot done.
One of my most loyal customers called me back in June and asked me to make her "June-July cards" for her. This particular lady calls me almost every month and tells me which cards she needs that month for her friends and family scattered around the world. The cards above are just a small selection of the cards I made for her. After chatting to her I realised that she was also soon off on holiday and was due back in Israel just as I was going away. Therefore the "August" birthdays and anniversaries were also added to her request list! We will both be back in the same country in September and normal service will resume. Other regular customers have also been in touch and several more large customised cards, amongst other items which I have yet to show you, have been leaving my desk. The card above was made for a gentleman who is passionate about vintage cars, whilst the card below was a more general request for something pretty for a "wonderful" 17 year old daughter.
Lastly, for now, the container of square cards, below, went to a local shop that I supply only quite irregularly. The owner always wants simple, relatively low-cost cards, rather than the more intricate designs that I am used to creating and I actually find it quite fun once in a while to sit and churn out these cards at a much faster pace than I am used to working at. The shop owner seemed happy with them. I was delighted to have another order under my belt and now it's back to my desk to finish off more in the few days I have left. I have a few other pieces under wraps and hope to squeeze in a couple more posts to show you more before I go away. Do keep watching!

6 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I just adore your cards! Your work is fantastic!!!

Leeya Engel said...

Those little cards are so adorable!! I also loved the card with the champagn glasses and the purple bow. Thanks for sharing :)

Chelsea said...

So cute! I hope you get everything done, then get to relax on your vacation! Have you thought about doing card "emergency kits?" You could package birthday, anniversary, sympathy, etc. together as a "go to" for avid cardgivers. Just an idea. :)

bukesova180 said...

The heart one is my favorite!

Unknown said...

I love all of your designs - the cupcake one is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Found you through Etsy and am now following. I love what you do, especially those square cards.

Check my blog if you have time: http://roseberrystyle.blogspot.com/

Shareaholic