Thursday 16 September 2010

Where in the World?

Living in a country with many immigrants from all over the world, I often find myself making cards that are going to be mailed to various locations worldwide. I have created cards that I know have been sent to America, India, England, Argentina, Holland, Australia, Scotland, France, Germany, Switzerland and of course, Israel. And those are just the countries that I am aware of! The card above was different though. This card was the very first card that I have created that was sent to Afghanistan!
I do not have any friends or relatives there myself, but the sister of one of my regular customers is a reporter based in Germany and, at the time of her birthday, was to be posted in Afghanistan. Thus a 'Handmade in Israel' card - with a map of the aforementioned country and a laptop computer and reporter's notepad depicted on it - was mailed there. My customer told me that the postal system is not so reliable and can take it's time though. I guess if 'Dianna' didn't receive her card for this year's birthday, there's always next year...The card above, for the very same customer's Dad, was staying in Israel for now! It was a simple request for something cheerful and I hope that 'Dad' liked it. My customer also asked me to create a card for her in-laws wedding anniversary, below. Again there was no specific design request so I went for a pretty, romantic look. This time the card was being sent to England!
I wonder where in the world one of my cards will go to next?

9 comments:

Ingrid said...

BEAUTIFUL cards!!
Shana Tova and Gmar Chatima Tova!
Ingrid

Birte said...

That must be rather exciting not always knowing where your cards end up.
Each one of the is so unique.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

How cool to have your cards reach so many different people and countries! It's no surprise, they are all wonderful!

Linda B said...

Great work, Lisa.

That's so fun to know where your cards are going.

Shana tovah umetekah.
Linda

Emerson Bindery said...

Very pretty cards, I can see why they are in demand all over the world! :D

Kimberly said...

Wow Lisa, that's great that you're all over the world!! :)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a thrill that your gorgeous cards travel the world! Especially love the layout on your Dad card!

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! It's worth following a link to a blog or website because you never know when a gem will show up. Best of luck with your cards.
jacqueline

Lisa said...

Beautiful work, I spotlighted you in my blog today, come by and spread the word! :)
http://creationsbylisak.blogspot.com/2010/09/mingle-monday-lets-visit-some-blogs.html

Shareaholic