Sunday 24 October 2010

Something Sweet

Not too long ago we observed the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur with a day of fasting and intensive prayer. Most of my day was spent in the synagogue but a little preparation before sundown, when the fast began, meant that my husband and I had something sweet to enjoy once the fast was out after the Ne'ilah (the closing prayer) service the following evening. I have blogged about these delicious cookies before, yet each and every time I make them I think of the girls at 'A Spoonful of Sugar' and silently thank them for posting such a fabulous recipe. Above you can see a sneak peak of a new design for my handmade card range. Bird icons seem to cross the age barrier and appeal to many people, myself included. This sweet and simple design came together very easily and I can see myself repeating it over and over again in many wonderful colour combinations. Lastly, I'm delighted to show you a couple more treasuries which feature some of my items. Above, middle row on the right, is a pack of my pink and blue New Baby Cards in amongst a delightful collection of fairy items. Below, second from the left in the middle row, my Little Penguin Papercut Picture, which I have just renewed in my shop. As always, a very big thank you to the lovely folk who have selected my pieces for their treasury collections. With so much to choose from in the world of Etsy, it is always a great thrill to discover that my work has caught someone's eye.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look yummy and that's a great card!

Unknown said...

The cookies are making my mouth drool. It must be dinner time ;-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your birdy card looks very sweet - I am sure they will be popular with your customers. Your cookies look delicious:)

Southern Belle said...

Those cookies look yummy

Laurie said...

Oh, those cookies look wonderful! I love your little bird cards!

Sudha said...

I saw ur blog, beautiful creations dear. I like it.

Thanks n Regards
Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Shareaholic