Sunday 10 October 2010

The Trotters and The Reds

A couple of weeks ago two young men celebrated their 14th birthday. I have made cards before for these twins and the theme stays the same year after year - football! Their favourite teams of course remain the same as well, so it was time to put my thinking cap on and come up with something a little different.G. (above) supports the North England team Bolton Wanderers, known as "The Trotters", and I was very happy to see that this year they have got rid of the large amount of stripes on their shirt which made hard work for me last year!
A. (above) is passionate about Liverpool and remains a loyal fan even though they are going through some hard times this season. For this design I tackled the whole kit, which is all red with white trim, hence Liverpool's nickname "The Reds". I have shown A. having just scored a goal and proudly holding the ball up high to celebrate his success.
I always remind my customers that my cards are not portraits but that I try to get some sort of likeness by matching hair styles and hair and eye colour. It amuses me though that just by cutting out a little round pink face and some hair that I can often catch some sort of similarity. In this case I think that G, in his Bolton shirt, really does a look a little like him! I dare say that his Mum might not agree though.

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is so very cute...I found your blog from Etsy....I am also a paper crafter..so cool.....great pictures and creations here...have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Amber D. Mcnabb said...

You do amazing work! I am going to visit your shop.
-Amber

Dita Maulani said...

Very cute cards! I love cards but this kind of art is surely something I have to buy, I am not good at cutting and drawing. I found this blog via etsy forum. Have a nice day!!

Dita
http://handmadenest.blogspot.com

Additionsstyle said...

What cute cards! They look like a lot of fun to create.

Meeling said...

Wonderful cards! They look fantastic.

Shareaholic