Monday 15 November 2010

On Soup and Stilettos

I certainly would not call myself a great cook. I come up with decent enough meals and we all eat reasonably well, but a great cook? No. Having said that, I make soup most weekends to open our Friday evening Shabbat meal and I was recently trawling the internet for some inspiration. I discovered this recipe and it was GREAT! Really great. Though this blog is by no means a food blog, I felt that I had to share it. This soup was so easy and yummy! To make it kid friendly I only used half the jalapeno pepper and poured in a little apple juice rather than the concentrate suggested. I made my own seasoning from some of the spices that were mentioned. The result? A really tasty soup that was possibly still a little bit too hot for the kids but perfect for me and I thoroughly enjoyed finishing it off a couple more times during the week.
Back to the cards. I recently delivered this little lot to one of my regular customers. She leaves me pretty much free to come up with what I want, sometimes giving me guidance as to the age or favourite hobby of the person she wishes to send the card to. Usually she just asks me for "something pretty". The card in the foreground is going to a lady who likes fashion. I had fun making the little red number and the black stiletto heels. One can dream! I wouldn't look very good in the outfit myself...
This 'Sweet 16' card was recently made for the daughter of a friend of mine. I was happy with the composition and have since made a few variations. One of them, the 21st birthday card in my shop, is currently part of the EtsyGreetings Great Greetings Giveaway. Purchase any item from my shop, or from participating shops, throughout November and you will be eligible to win 20+ handmade greeting cards from a variety of talented Etsy sellers. To see details about the giveaway and information about how to enter, please visit the EtsyGreetings blog and then get shopping!

8 comments:

SleightGirl said...

That soup looks delicious!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am laughing because my husband and I always separate "our soup" from the boys soup because we like it hot. Well my youngest is always so sure we've got something he wants until he takes his first bite! LOL!!! It looks delicious! Sweet cards too : )

lesley said...

yum, that soup looks tasty! thanks for sharing the recipe... and your cards are adorable!

xoxo,
lesley

Meeling said...

That soups looks good!
I like soups and stews with a "kick" too!
Yum!

Susie Lubell said...

I always love your new designs and the soup! Y.U.M. today's a soup day finally so I may put this recipe to use!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

what great items!! i'm a new follower, i found you on the etsy forums!!

In the Hammock Vintage

Laurie said...

Oh, your cards are always such a treat for the eyes!

julie said...

:) i LOVE my card!!! although mine doesnt say 16! xx

Shareaholic