Thursday 23 December 2010

Seasons Greetings from Israel

I haven't got any snow pictures to show you. In fact we are having a dry and unseasonably warm winter here in Israel. I live in an area that does not really acknowledge Christmas. I don't see any Christmas paraphernalia on the street nor watch the seasonal commercials on the television. Yet I must admit to wandering around the house singing 'Last Christmas'!  Why? Because listening to BBC Radio 2 on the internet allows me to enjoy from a distance the festivities I remember from my life back in the UK. You see, unlike my children, I didn't go to a Jewish school. There wasn't one in the city where I grew up. Therefore I learnt a lot about Christmas in the run up to the holiday, though of course we celebrated Chanukah in our own home. I am quite well versed in all my carols and so it's rather fun to sit here in the sunshine and remember the cold winters, Christmas carols and pop songs of my childhood.
Even though I do not celebrate Christmas I was of course happy to make some holiday cards and in fact have a regular customer here in Israel who orders some every year for his company's clients abroad. My cards also had their moment of glory when they recently appeared on the Etsy Greetings team blog (above).
As the year draws to a close I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have supported me and my blogging adventure throughout the year. I have enjoyed composing each and every one of my posts, and appreciate every comment and email that I receive. I wish you all happy holidays and a safe and exciting start to 2011.

7 comments:

Meeling said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family too!

I like your Season's Greetings cards...very festive looking!

Sudha said...

Beautiful.
Merry Christmas n a very Happy New Year.

Sem Nome said...

Lisa, dear, I am here for the first time and I can say I am snchanted by your artwork!!! I love the colors you choose and everything is so soft and bright!
Be sure, Lisa, I will be here more times!
Love from Brasil!! Bela

tialys said...

What would we do without the good old BBC! Carry on singing along - even though the weather doesn't match! We are all home safe and sound now - the logs are piled up and the fridge is full - let the festivities begin! A happy, healthy and peaceful 2011 to you and yours! Lynnx

Siddis back home said...

Wonderful artwork! Merry Christmas to you! Greetings from Stavanger, Norway!

LizzieJane said...

Happy Holidays Lisa! Missed your blog while I was a way.
x

Leeya Engel said...

These are ADORABLE!! Happy holidays from a fellow Modiinite who shares your Christmas nostalgia :)

Shareaholic