Thursday 13 January 2011

A Girls' Night Out

Last week my friend L. celebrated her birthday and a girls' night out was organised for the occasion. Of course a gift was the order of the day too but L. wants to get her car resprayed, so a collection was made towards that, rather than the more usual gift or pampering treat. I was rather dismayed by her wish but agreed to join in since that is what she had asked for. However, since I was in charge of bringing a birthday card along for all the girls to sign, I insisted that it had to be super, super girly to counteract the rather masculine present that she had requested!
So, girly the card was and I thoroughly enjoyed going a little overboard crafting a sweet little bird, flowers and balloons in a pretty colour scheme of pinks, lemons and turquoises. I was rather pleased with the result and decided to recreate it and pop it into my shop. It is one of my larger cards, measuring 15cm x 20cm folded and, unlike the card in these photos, I have left it without a greeting so that it can be used for any occasion. This pretty card is perfect for Valentine's Day, an anniversary, birthday or just to tell someone how much you care.

9 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

lovely card...they should do well. Time for a girls night out for me, I think.mon

Meeling said...

Lovely card...especially like the bird!
Girls night out sounds like fun...we all need those once in a while!!

my little Aura said...

Love the flowers and color combination, Great blog!

SisterBatik said...

Amazing - you make such stunning cards!

LizzieJane said...

It is indeed a lovely girly card! Great job as always Lisa. It sounds like a girls night out is just what we all need once in a while.
x

Unknown said...

Lisa, I simply LOVE the colors and the harmony in your work!! This is the prettiest card I have ever seen! Indeed. The bird is lovely!
Have a great and sweet Sunday, dear Lisa! Bela

Terriea Kwong said...

The birdie is lovely and balloons are lively. Love it.

fialka012 said...

Hezké...

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

I like how you layered all the balloons. Good work!

Shareaholic