Saturday 14 May 2011

Another language

An absolutely delightful new customer recently discovered my cards on facebook and consequently asked me to make a couple of customised cards for her. The first card, above and below, was a simple request for a pink, girly card for a new baby. My customer sent me a photograph of the baby girl's family for inspiration and I was left to come up with my own ideas. The very best way to work!
I prepared a card with a picture of the swaddled new baby and  'portraits' of her older brother and sister on it. (I loved her sister's pigtails high up on the top of her head!). Alongside the children I illustrated a teddy bear, bottle of milk, baby onesie and a few butterflies and flowers to add to the girlish look.
My customer's next request was a birthday card for her daughter, who was going to be ten. Apparently she is crazy about gymnastics and I was asked if it was possible for me to create a figure standing on her hands, something that this particular young lady apparently does all the time! My answer? Of course it was! Once again I had a photo to work from so I was even able to show the birthday girl in the clothes she had been photographed doing her handstand in!
Knowing that my new customer is a native Spanish speaker, I asked her whether she wanted the greeting on the front of the card to be in Hebrew, like the new baby card, or in Spanish this time. A Spanish greeting was sent to me and I can now add that language to the list of different languages I have put on my cards over the years.
My new customer seemed very happy when she saw the cards and kindly sent me the following message a few days later:
"Thanks a lot Lisa!!!!!! The cards were a complete success!!!!!! Your work is VERY beautiful!!".
How nice was that?

4 comments:

My said...

Thanks Lisa, these were my cards!!!!! They are so beutiful!!

My said...

**beautiful

Meeling said...

They look great!!

How nice to get that positive feedback...always makes up feel like the craft we made was appreciate.

Happy Weekend!

Sudha said...

Pretty creation dear.

Shareaholic