Sunday 26 June 2011

The Very Sleepy Sloth

My husband celebrated his birthday yesterday and you all know how old he is because it says on his card! Remember when we first met our partners and we used to send them romantic, lovey-dovey cards that we spent hours choosing? Well, the cards that I have made for my husband seem to have become rather cheeky over time and less and less romantic, but he seems to appreciate them all the same.
I knew that this year's card was going to be a hit when my kids spotted me adjusting the colour of this photograph in Photoshop and laughed until there were tears in their eyes! You see my husband likes to sleep. Always on the same sofa and usually with some reading material nearby that he has been unable to finish because he can no longer keep his eyes open.
We have this exact sofa and Pissarro print in our lounge. I photographed the sofa's upholstery, downloaded the photo and printed out the pattern to produce its paper equivalent. Same with the cushions. Hubby is a little shy and doesn't want to appear on this blog but you can see in the photograph below how I matched the sofa and cushion fabrics and, ahem, his incredible fashion sense too!
Happy Birthday to my dear "Sleepy Sloth" hubby. I am pleased that you liked your card and took it the way that it was meant. I would offer you some more of the rather over the top birthday cake that I made for you but the kids finished it all off this afternoon...

3 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

Happy Birthday to Mr HIM....your card is perfect

Leeya Engel said...

adorable post and clever card!

Meeling said...

Fun!!! Isn't it funny how the cards change over time...guess just how life goes...a little more reality sets in after time, but means just as much if not more. :-)

Hope you all enjoyed a lovely day!!

Shareaholic