Thursday 21 July 2011

Redheads and Punks

The friend who ordered this card when her brother got married recently came back to me for another wedding card. This time it was friends who were getting married and the key thing she told me about them was that they are both redheads, or gingies as we call them here in Israel. Easy and fun to work with!
Amit, the groom, is a photographer, so I placed a camera in his hand. Jo, the bride, is from Australia and is a sciency gal. Upon clarification I learnt that she writes science papers, so I added a 'science' paper to her bridal bouquet. She is also holding an Australian flag.
Grooms in Israel tend to wear a white shirt and dark trousers at best and I have seen them stroll up to their own wedding in a pair of jeans but, after checking, I gave this guy a suit and tie. Apparently Jo is 'adjusting' him to western ways! Lastly, the couple met in Vietnam so, as a tribute, the Vietnamese flag can be seen blowing in the wind behind them.
My boys finish summer camp today so everything I create from now on till the end of the summer holiday will be done with a teeny tiny amount of interruption! Eldest son has been swimming and playing one sport or another most days and the youngest has been על גלגלים ('On Wheels'), visiting all kinds of kid-friendly places in the region. The other day he came back from the A Land and it's Dolls exhibition at the Eretz Israel Museum in Tel Aviv where all the  kids had done a paper crafting activity. I loved his paper version of a punk rocker (below), especially the pierced nipples! The funny thing is, I don't think he has ever seen a punk in his whole life.
The kids are on holiday from school and so, in a way, I feel like I am too. I've definitely been taking life a little easier and it is so nice not having to take them to all their ex-curricular activities each day. There's even been a little time for some cooking and baking. Another batch of the best cupcakes in the world were made and consumed and I practised my sushi making too. We all LOVE sushi in our home. It's healthy and fun to make but I spend so long making it, only to see it disappear in the blink of an eye! I guess there are worse problems in life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your attention to the smallest detail is so amazing! I love your cards!
http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com

fabriquefantastique said...

great card, Lisa. bet they loved it

Meeling said...

Being a Gingie myself...great cards! ;-)

Your sushi looks good...it's hard to make, we've done it a few times..mine always tastes good but never looks like when you go out to eat it.

LittleCloud said...

I like your blog and reading posts is a pleasure ; )

Additionsstyle said...

What a fun card. I love how you incorporate things about the couple into the design!

You sushi looks really yummy.

Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Laurie said...

Your son's picture is marvelous! I have a soft spot for punks. I envy you your access to fresh fish for sushi!!

Unknown said...

I've just discovered your site Lisa, via our mutual friend, and am stoked to see our card on here! We love it, and so many people have commented on how fabulous it is. Thank you so much!

Shareaholic