Wednesday 31 August 2011

Brothers and Sisters

This little space of mine is in great danger of becoming a travel blog rather than a blog about card making, lol! I am going to jump in for a moment between all the postings about the wonderful things we have done here in Israel this summer to show you a couple of cards that I made in my spare moments.
A customer asked me to make a card for her sister that was most definitely not pink. She wanted a cool, modern card that was not so much pretty than suave and sophisticated.There was no particular theme requested so I simply played with layers of papers until I came up with these modern flowers in a calm, refreshing colour scheme. And it only included just a teensy-weensy bit of pink!
My brother-in-law celebrated his birthday not so long ago. He is a serious football fan but I have made him football themed cards for as long as I can remember, in every shape and form that I can think of! This year I decided to just go for a simple birthday theme, with a present and some balloons on it. I also popped in his initial to personalise the card that bit more. Don't think he missed out this year though. His birthday present was very much to do with football and, more specifically, his favourite team!

4 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

I also keep veering off from vintage textiles...but I like your travel and family posts, it gives me a real sense of tome and place

Sudha said...

Wow so bright n cheerful creations dear.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love the flowers on the first card!!!

Unknown said...

Love them both!

Shareaholic