Tuesday 20 September 2011

My favourite colour combination and more...

Back in July I received a message from Linda B telling me that my Japanese Lady Papercut Picture was being featured on her blog alongside a selection of other handcrafted items. She was asking her readers to vote for their favourite item and the winner with the greatest number of votes would win a feature solo blog interview. I am happy to say that my picture got the most votes by far and in August the interview appeared on her blog.
Linda asked me what my favourite colour combinations are, what inspires me and where my ideas come from. She wanted to know why I think people should buy handmade and what lessons I have learned from other artists. Intrigued? Well why not pop over to Linda's blog to find out my responses and more?
Below you can view the item which won me all the votes. A beautiful addition to any room, this picture of a Japanese woman is an original artwork, created in cut paper on a crisp, white stock and signed by me. The artwork measures 12.5cm x 17.5cm.
If you are interested in learning more about it or already know which wall it would look great hanging on, please do stop by my shop.

3 comments:

Linda B said...

Lisa, I am such a fan of your work. You deserve the votes and the blog feature.

Thanks for the mention.

Linda B

Meeling said...

Congrats on the votes and the blog feature...well deserved indeed!!

Annie said...

Everything you do is so beautifully designed; striking color combinations, so well-crafted, personal - - I'm also a big fan of your work. I just saw your New Year set on the team blog and had to tell you how much I like them!

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

Shareaholic