Sunday 4 September 2011

Shades of Jade

You can see from the date on the cover of this Customised Guest Book that it was created some time ago. Like always, I waited to be sure that the recipients had received it before I displayed it... and then summer got in the way! I have more holiday photos to come but thought I'd show you this album now, before Meghan and Dan reach their first wedding anniversary!!!
The bride's brother ordered this album. He told me that his sister is an orchestra/music teacher, that she loves music and is in a women's barbershop quartet called "Shades of Jade". He even sent me a link for the quartet's facebook page and wow, Meghan is seriously talented! She and Dan like to watch sports together. Her husband is a big St. Louis Blues and St. Louis Cardinals fan and played a variety of sports in high school and college. With all this information I set to work on the design.
Both the cover and inside pages reflect many of the couple's hobbies and interests. I have used green - jade - as the background colour throughout, based on the bride's quartet's name. She is even wearing a jade pendant since I noticed that is what the singers wear when they are performing. Dan is wearing a suit with a matching green tie and, though I assume he didn't wear one on his wedding day, he has popped a St. Louis Blues baseball cap on his head and is holding a ball in his hand.
The inside pages of the album continue to reflect the couple's interests. Clockwise from top left, I have shown Meghan's violin; popcorn and tickets because one of their favourite activities is to go to the movies together; the St. Louis Cardinals team badge, Dan's second favourite team; music notes for the talented Meghan and, finally, a hockey stick and soccer ball, two of Dan's preferred sports.
The wedding took place in a church so for once I wasn't working with Jewish graphics! I had fun adding doves and wedding bells and some pretty pastel flowers throughout.
Upon seeing photos of the album (I wrapped it well before its journey to the US) my customer sent me an e-mail telling me that it was "Truly amazing – I’m certain they will love it!". I hope that Meghan and Dan loved it too.
If anyone is interested in ordering their very own guest book/album, there is a listing for one in my shop.

4 comments:

Leeya Engel said...

That is so special!! what a meaningful present. It came out adorable.

Sudha said...

Wow fabulous creation dear.

ij said...

That's cute!

Mutlu Eller said...

It was beautiful present I think...Great!

Shareaholic