Monday 26 March 2012

A Bumble Bee for Grandma B

I am always very happy to hear that people enjoy reading my blog. There's a little joke amongst some of my friends that I don't need to tell them what I've been up to because they have already read everything right here!
Last month I received a lovely Etsy convo from an American follower of my blog. She wrote to tell me that she has been reading my blog for a while and that she thinks my work is beautiful! Her Grandmother's 90th birthday was approaching and she finally had the occasion to order from me. Because she already knew how I work, her e-mail detailed all the information I needed to know about Grandma. I was asked to include a bumble bee, something representing sewing, some flowers and a heart. She thought that a '90' would be good too and suggested a colour scheme of yellow, green and orange.
It was a sweet and simple card to put together and I hope that Grandma B liked it. My customer wrote to tell me that she had received the card and that she thought it was perfect! "What a treat to see your handiwork up close" she wrote. "It's lovely." If any more of my blog readers would like to come out of the woodwork (meant in the nicest possible way, of course!), I'd love to hear from you.
Moving on from someone following my blog, to a blog that I follow. Some time ago Lucy from the blog 'Attic 24' posted her mother-in-law's recipe for a sweet and easy curry. She said it was quick and simple to pull together, and the list of ingredients was refreshingly small for a homemade curry.  I love Indian food so I had a go. And she was right. It was delicious. And the fact that it had just a teeny tiny bit of sweetness meant that the kids loved it too. Check out this post on Lucy's blog for the full recipe and some gorgeous photos too.

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a sweet story! Nice to have fans out there. And the curry looks scrumptious!

An Unrefined Vegan

Anonymous said...

Didn't realise our supper was getting photographed too!
Richard

Shareaholic