Friday 29 June 2012

Fun in the Vineyard

The summer activities have begun. The Chavaya b'Kramim (Fun in the Vineyard) team at nearby Kibbutz Sha'alvim started its spring session of Pick-Your-Own-Fruit events. On a recent Friday afternoon we went to pick blackberries and mulberries in the peaceful kibbutz vineyard.
The deep black blackberries pulled free from the plant with only a slight tug and we very quickly filled several containers. It seems almost impossible to pick the fruit without getting juice all over yours hands, but the kids deemed that a perk of the job and delighted in the messiness! The youngest son liked the mulberries and picked a small container of those too. Later we enjoyed the fruits of our labour served with ice-cream, and there was more left over for a rather luxurious breakfast the following morning.
I hope all of our summer outings are as pleasurable as this one.

4 comments:

Julie S said...

That top photo makes me hungry! Beautiful.

Ann Martin said...

I don't think I've ever seen mulberries! Sounds like a very nice way to spend time with the reward of eating something tasty.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Mmmm! These look delicious! Blackberries are a favorite of my but they are expensive to purchase where I am. Maybe someday I will be able to grow them!

Danny said...

Mm mm mm. Love blackberries. Great pictures, too!

Shareaholic