Monday 30 July 2012

Fan Mail

A young lady from Canada e-mailed me recently to tell me that her Mum loves my work and that she therefore wanted to order a customised card for her birthday. There wasn't too much time but it seems that Mum reads my blog regularly and "was raving about your [my] work recently!" How could I possibly resist a request like that?
'Mom' is a Hebrew school teacher. She loves arts and crafts and she paints. She loves flowers and everything Israel. Her daughter told me that her hair is reddish and asked me to include a picture of her on the card. All quite straight forward really and so I set to work in order to get the card into the mail with time to spare.
I recently received a message from 'Mom' telling me that she had received my "fabulous" card for her birthday from her kids and that she was "so delighted and surprised!" by it. Her daughter also mailed me to tell me that "Mom loved her birthday card". I love it when I have such satisfied customers.
Not long after that another e-mail popped into my inbox. "I've been a big fan of your work (and a follower of your blog) for a while now," the writer said. "I'd love to order a card for my fiancé's 33rd birthday [and]I'd love for you to include various aspects of his personality in the card, if possible". Of course it was possible.
The writer's fiancé loves baseball - watching the Red Sox or Oakland A's - and playing softball. He also loves playing basketball and plays in a weekly game of poker too. I had to do a little research to figure out the various team badges and colours - I am much more au fait with the English Premier League football clubs than baseball teams - but I think I got it right!
I showed her fiancé wearing a green Oakland A's t-shirt and with a Boston Red Sox cap on his head. He has a softball bat in one hand and four aces in the other, with some poker chips close at hand. I included a basketball and softball ball too. My customer also asked me to write the birthday greeting in English and Hebrew on the card.
After a week or so I received an e-mail to tell me that the card had arrived and that she thought it looked fabulous! "You did a great job" she said. "I can't wait to give it to J. next week."
What lovely customers I have.

4 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love these! So many fun details as always. It is funny that your post mentions the Red Sox too!

JoshSamBob said...

As the guy who received the 33rd birthday card, I can honestly it was the most creative, thoughtful, wonderful card I've ever gotten - and even one of the best gifts I've ever been given! I still smile every time I look at it, and plan to show my friends on Facebook (and of course, tell them where to get their own!).

Thank you so much,
- Josh

momto8blog said...

your work must be fabulous! how wonderful to be thanked and appreciated!! you have a gift for making people feel special...
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are lovely! So fun that you made so many people happy with your cards! Love that!!
Hugs, Wendy

Shareaholic