Sunday 22 July 2012

Sequin Shoes, Saba and Sam

A regular customer of mine asked me to make a card for her niece's 15th birthday with make up as the main theme. However, the young lady also recently wore some really high multicoloured sequin wedge shoes for her brother's Bar Mitzvah celebration - apparently her feet were killing her after 5 minutes -  so I was asked to feature them on the card too. I couldn't really see the shoes properly on the photograph my customer sent me so I did a quick search on the Internet. My customer was impressed with my investigative research and wanted to know if I'd ever thought of being a spy. It seems I'd found the right shoes!
The card above was a request for a Saba (the modern Hebrew word for Grandfather) who apparently always seems to visit the dentist when he comes to Israel on holiday! The customer who requested this card nearly always asks me to add her kids into the design too. It is not always easy to get it to work, but in this case I showed Saba in the dentist's chair, receiving treatment, whilst his grandchildren watch nearby.
Certainly one of the more unusual requests that I have received lately...
Finally, another regular customer of mine wanted a new baby card for her brother and sister-in-law. They have recently become parents to a baby boy and so my customer wanted me to show them with the new baby. My customer's brother is a fitness instructor by profession so it was fun to show the new dad flexing his muscles a bit. Mum is probably a bit too tired for any sport herself at the moment!

3 comments:

ARTiMAGINE said...

Hey,

let me start my apologizing for not sharing my comments from couple of weeks.saw each of your post on my cellphone, but couldnt comment..

so here it is--
love the wedges and the MAC make-up...
grandfather looks very real in the dentist chair...
you have got the muscles bang on for the father in the new born baby card... ;-)

absolutely loved the detail on 1st of July card...especially the metallic scissors and the blackberry phone...

Jordyn's album was extremely adorable...right from the youth group grey T-shirt to books and especially her sister with braces...

Julie S said...

The stories behind your cards are fantastic. That is too funny about the sequin wedges - live and learn.

Miss Val's Creations said...

These cards are all so fun! I love how this 15 year old is already putting fashion before comfort! The portrayal of the Saba at the dentist is a riot.

Shareaholic