Thursday 14 February 2013

Ay, caramba!

Happy Valentine's Day! I am going to take a quick break from our trip to the north to show you some recent birthday cards.
This first one, above, was made for a 13 year old. Her Mum  asked me to make her "something lovely with... the usual stuff... dance, music, netball". I made this young lady's Bat Mitzvah album a year ago, so knew that this year's card had to be different from her Bat Mitzvah book. I decided to forgo the little paper portraits that I know she likes and came up with a funky design which included her various hobbies instead. I hope she liked it.
Eliya is in second grade. She is learning to play the piano and loves dressing up in hats, headbands, her Mum's clothes and high heels. She likes to put on a little make-up too. Eliya's Mum liked my suggestion that the birthday card could show her daughter in some dressing up clothes, sitting at the piano. I added a big number 8 to show her age plus a small pile of books by the side of the piano, since her Mum told me that she loves to read. I am not sure that you can see it on the photo, but Eliya has a little blue eyeshadow on too. She looks very pretty!
Finally, Max loves The Simpsons. In fact he loves them so much that I was asked to put Bart on his birthday card last year too! I put Bart in a different pose this year and added a big red balloon with the birthday boy's age on it. Happy Birthday Max. As Bart says, "Ay, caramba!".

1 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Eliya's card is so adorable. I love that she is into the piano at such a young age.

Shareaholic