Wednesday 11 September 2013

Aviva's Album

I really do apologise for my sporadic blogging at the moment. Those of you who know me personally realise that my eldest son's Bar Mitzvah is coming up quite soon and that is what is occupying my time at the moment. There are still plenty of papercut creations being made - many of course on a Bar Mitzvah theme - and I promise to show all as soon a possible!
In my last post I showed you the artwork I created for Aviva's Bat Mitzvah invitation. ('Bat' Mitzvah is the religious ceremony and party for a girl. 'Bar' Mitzvah is the coming of age ceremony for a boy.) Aviva's parents asked me to make a guest book for the celebrations too.
The big thing in Aviva's life is music. She is a talented violinist and so Mum was keen for me to feature that in the design. She is also a big reader, studious and very artistic. All these star qualities were brought together on the cover of her book.
I wonder how many of her guests recognised her?
I decorated several pages of the book with a Star of David (known in Hebrew as the Magen David or Shield of David), along with a small illustration featuring Aviva's various hobbies. Above, you can see the page devoted to her violin, then, clockwise from top left, her love of drawing and painting, reading, music and playing the piano.
Even though Aviva and her family live in the UK, I was fortunate to be able to deliver this to the young lady herself when the family were here on a recent visit. I packed the book up well so that it would travel safely back home, though it seems that the Bat Mitzvah girl and her Mum couldn't wait to see it! Arriving back home, I received a fabulous text message telling me how excited they were and just how much they loved what I had created!

3 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

What a beautiful piece of work! How meaningful for Aviva.
Looking forward to seeing more about your son's Bar Mitvah decorations.

Miss Val's Creations said...

It is beautiful Lisa! A perfect complement to the invitations.

Meeling said...

As always, such wonderful detail Lisa!

Shareaholic