Sunday 17 November 2013

May the Force Be With Them

Orly and Coby receive birthday cards made by me every year. Their devoted auntie always makes sure that she knows their latest interests, even though she lives far away from them, and often sends me a long list of ideas for each card.
This year Orly turned 5. She likes Hello Kitty, Peppa Pig, ballet and learning Hebrew. You can see the first two characters from her list on the card, above, as well as some ballet shoes and the Hebrew letter Aleph. Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet and also happens to be the letter that Orly's names begins with when written in Hebrew. I also included a little picture of the birthday girl, complete with her curly wild hair, as her aunt described it.
Coby is a whole year older and he turned 6. His passions include Lego Star Wars, especially the Battle Droids, but basically anything Star Wars was deemed correct. My youngest son helped me ascertain which important figure was which. I carefully cut out the tiny letters of the Star Wars logo and added some Lightsabers for good measure. There's a little picture of Coby too.
Coby and Orly's auntie also asked me to create a card for a friend who had recently given birth. I created a little paper portrait of the new Mum with her baby boy, below. A little blue onesie, blue socks, a bottle of milk and a cute brown bear are scattered around them. Both Mum and baby look pretty pleased with themselves.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

These cards are adorable! And so perfectly personalized for each recipient. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the Star Wars since I grew up when the original was hugely popular. The card for the new mom is adorable!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, these are so super sweet! Perfect and original gifts, not 'just' cards, but true gifts!! And I love the idea that Orly and Coby have a true collection! :)
Hugs & happy day!
Wendy

Shareaholic