Wednesday 28 May 2014

Hey Girl!

Rebecca's aunt asked me to make her a birthday card with a make-up theme. Apparently her favourite brands are Mac, Bobby Brown and Urban Decay. Now, I am not very into creating "branded" cards (nor am I very knowledgeable about make-up, but that's another story!) so I decided to make some paper lipstick and nail polishes, and then I embellished the card with just a touch of those specific brands. I think it worked.
Shiri was celebrating her Bat Mitzvah and her birthday just a week apart. Her family asked me to make no less that five cards for the occasion! One from Mum and Dad, one from her siblings, one from her Grandma, and then birthday cards from two of them as well! I do hope that Shiri likes my cards! This was my favourite from the collection. The Hebrew reads "To Our Dear Sister Shiri, Best Wishes on the occasion of your Bat Mitzvah."
Aimee Leigh was turning 9. Her Grandma said that she is into dancing. I added a dancer to the card - she looks like a ballerina - and popped on some butterflies and flowers too. It made for a nice girly card.
Not only were these girls all celebrating their birthdays but I was as well! My husband treated me to a beautiful blackbird made by The Cotton Potter, along with an FA Cup runners-up medal, since my football team, Hull City, were playing his team, Arsenal, on my big day. Hull City lost, thus the medal.
Well, he almost got it 100% right.

1 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy birthday Lisa! Your blackbird is to sweet. I love your cards too. :)

Shareaholic