Monday 15 September 2014

Liza & Alexis

After three consecutive posts about my recent travels, I think it is time I showed you some of my work. This album was actually completed before I went away, but I was waiting for my customer in Germany to give it to her friends in Paris before I showed it here. Given that I made it here in Israel, it has become a very well travelled book!
My new customer found my album listing on Etsy and decided that it was the perfect gift for her friend Liza, who was soon to be married. Unfortunately there was simply not enough time before the wedding for me to create the book and mail it to Europe, but she was so keen to give it to her friend that she decided to take the album anyway. She was so sure her friend would love it, especially since it comes from Israel. So the couple received it during the summer instead.
Liza and Alexis had a civil marriage and also a traditional Jewish wedding. My customer had spotted an album that I created for another couple which showed them standing under the chuppah, the canopy beneath which Jewish marriage ceremonies are performed, and asked whether I could make something similar for her friends. She told me that there were white Calla Lilies hanging down from the pillars of their chuppah, and also sent me a picture of the bride and groom in their wedding attire. 
Liza and Alexis live in Paris and have a cat. They both work in the publishing sector: Liza in audio books and Alexis in handicraft books. He also likes to knit! When I learnt about his hobby I knew that it had to feature on the cover of their album. I have shown them under the chuppah, Alexis with his knitting in his hands and Liza with her headphones on, listening to an audio book. Their cat is sitting to the side of them, watching carefully, and behind you can see the Eiffel Tower, representing their hometown.
I decorated several pages inside the album along the same themes. Each page either had a Magen David (Star of David) on it, or a simple white chuppah. From the top you can see the knitting page, then a page with books piled high and headphones sitting on the top. Next, the cat makes a reappearance, while some Calla Lilies decorate the next page. Finally I added a French flag, along with another Eiffel Tour - La tour Eiffel - and some teeny tiny French croissants. They were a lot of fun to create!
When my customer finally got the album from the German Postal Office, she wrote to tell me how much she loved it. "Thank you so much for this wonderful present, I am so glad I found your shop!" she wrote. "It's SO perfect and I can't wait to go to Paris to give it to my friends! I will go at the end of August, so I have to be a bit patient..."
I hope they loved it too.

1 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful work Lisa! Great details. I love the calla lilies. The cat is adorable too! I'm sure the couple will cherish their book forever!

Shareaholic