Wednesday 19 November 2014

Fourteen

Remember this card? Well, that 8 year old recently turned 14! He's bigger now (taller than Mum!), but many things remain the same. He is still passionate about football, we still get up very early on birthdays to open presents and eat cake before school, and of course he still eagerly awaits his special card!
This year I showed him doing exercises on his pull up bar. He's pretty serious about getting some muscles at the moment. I was kind and didn't show the red face and beads of sweat though. He's also keen on dark chocolate (he needs the sugar for energy you see!), is very good at maths and spends hours working on the material from his special advanced maths class. But there is still time for football. Plenty of football. He never misses an Arsenal game if it is shown on the television, and frankly, he rarely misses any other games either! Did I say he was keen on football? Just a little...
My youngest son made a card for the birthday boy too, and of course it was football themed. I've already told you how artistic my youngest is, but this year he really excelled himself. I don't know how he had the patience to draw all those people in the football stadium crowd, but he quietly got on with it (he's not normally so quiet!) and came up with an amazing card, full of detail. Each flag mentions his brother's birthday and age, and they're all red and white for Arsenal too!
Of course we had cake as well, decorated with lots of buttercream icing and chocolate rocks, just as my son likes it. There was another surprise from me, which I am giving you a sneak peek at below. I am going to save the piece for another blog post.
Happy Birthday to my sports mad yet studious 14 year old. As I wrote in your card, we are very proud of you and the way you work so hard. Keep it up - and try to work hard at being nice to your brother too!

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

a very happy birthday to your son!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy birthday to your young man! He must be starting to like girls, hence working on those muscles. ;) I'm very impressed with your younger son's artistic talent! That must have taken him hours to draw out.

Mami Made It said...

Congrats! Lovely cards! Your son's card is amazing!

Ann Martin said...

Wow, what a super celebration! Love the cards and the cake. Youngest definitely has inherited your artistic talent. Had never heard of chocolate rocks - they look interesting! Do they taste good?

Shareaholic