Monday 1 December 2014

Nail Polish, Lip Gloss and a Cup of Tea

Ella is another person who receives Handmade in Israel birthday cards every year. Her Mum recently told me that my cards have become part of their family's birthday traditions, and that they couldn't have a birthday without them. I like that! This year Mum asked me to make a card with a picture of her daughter on it. The theme was to be nail polish, lip gloss and general girliness, and she asked me to create the card in Ella's favourite colours of turquoise, purple and pink.
Galia's birthday present this year was a trip to England and Prague (lucky her!), so her Mum asked if I could create a card with something symbolic from both countries on it. My immediate thoughts for England were of course tea! I crafted a teeny-tiny teapot, cup and saucer. I have never been to Prague (it is most definitely on my bucket list) but have heard enough to know that it is a beautiful place full of historic buildings. I added a silhouette of one of Prague's buildings to my design. Clipart of each city, plus a few flowers and a heart, completed the card.
Finally, this Hebrew card was created for a young lady. There were no special requests for this one. Just something pretty!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the first is perfect for teenager! like the flowers, too.

Miss Val's Creations said...

They are so fun! I love the travel one. Prague is on my list of places to visit too. Someday! Jim has never been to Europe so I really look forward to us going there together in the future. :)

Denise Kiggan said...

So lovely to catch up on all your beautiful work again! I am inspired by that cutout you did for your son. ☺

Shareaholic