Sunday 4 January 2015

Bat Mitzvah Beauties

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a fun time. New Year's Eve is not a big holiday here in Israel, specifically because the Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) actually falls in autumn, a few months previously. However, as a family we didn't let it go unnoticed. The youngest son invited friends over to watch a film and eat popcorn. The eldest went out. Mister Handmade in Israel read a book, and I watched the Downton Abbey Christmas Special Rock 'n' roll, heh?
For my first post of 2015 I have some papercut pictures to show you. Two young ladies recently celebrated their Bat Mitzvah and I was commissioned to create a papercut picture for each of them. The pictures were then framed and given as a very personalised and unique gift.
My customer told me that the first young lady, Miriam Alice, likes teddies and elephants (her own toy elephant is faded pink in colour and rather old). She loves shopping and plays netball. Her favourite colour is purple.
Carmelle, below, likes fashion and makeup. She is a keen baker, and also loves art, and playing the video game series, The Sims. Her current favourite colour is bright pink. I have shown her with a tray of chocolate chip cookies in one hand, and some pencils and a paintbrush in the other. Some cool clothes and makeup surround her, as well as a copy of her favourite Sims game.
My customer sent me an email saying that "the girls loved the gifts."
These papercut pictures make a great Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah or birthday gift. If you too would like to order one, unframed, please click here.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so very cute! you are so talented. :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

So sweet Lisa! I love the cookies and the animals.

Shareaholic