Monday 23 February 2015

Beer, Brown Ale and... a Bar Mitzvah

Doug recently celebrated his 50th birthday. His many passions include the American Longhorns football team, Temple University in Philadelphia (he's an alumnus), New Orleans and beer! He was formerly in the US Navy, and is currently working in Japan. My customer also asked me to show him wearing dark sunglasses on his birthday card. Apparently they are his trademark look.
I think that I managed to pretty much cover everything on his birthday card.  I have shown him in his dark glasses, beer in hand. He is surrounded by the badges and flags of all the things that are important to him in his life. A big red 50 highlights his age.
I'm told that Doug loved the card, and my customer was kind enough to write and tell me that she thought it "divine."
Alan lives in Newcastle, North East England, so another customer asked me to prepare a card with some Newcastle Brown Ale on it! Newkie Brown, as it is known locally, is an ale that was originally produced in the city, though I was amazed to read that it is now brewed by Heineken in North Yorkshire.
Finally, this Bar Mitzvah card, created for a young man called Ohad, shows him wearing his new party outfit - a white shirt and purple tie - as specified by my customer. My customer also told me that Ohad loves to read books, and going on tiyulim (hikes) in nature. I added a background of green hills and trees to the card, and a small pile of books next to the young man. Ohad also likes the fantasy tabletop role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons, as my own son once did. The black polyhedral dice that I embellished the card with are used to resolve random events in the game.
The Hebrew greeting on the card says "Ohad, Mazal Tov on the occasion of your Bar Mitzvah."

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

all three are great creations! i picked up on the texas longhorn RIGHT away! :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great masculine cards! I love the frothy beers.

Shareaholic