Monday 4 May 2015

Micah's Album

Micah loves to read - his Mum says that he's "obsessed" - and he would rather read than do almost anything else! Therefore I had to show him with a book on the cover of his Bar Mitzvah album. He also loves Pokemon and the computer game Minecraft. In addition, Mum mentioned that he enjoys cooking and also likes making potions, building things and creating. Micah uses his Mum's laptop on a regular basis and so I showed it next to him, with Minecraft on the screen.
I added Micah's name and the date of his Bar Mitzvah celebration, with the words בר מצווה (Bar Mitzvah in Hebrew) underneath.
I decorated several pages inside the album based on Micah's hobbies. The opening page features a pile of books, since that seems to be the thing that occupies him the most. Next I crafted a paper version of a Minecraft Creeper, followed by some cooking equipment, since he likes to cook up a storm. The final two pages in the album display his school's badge, and then two little glass jars and a test tube, all full of some interesting coloured potions! I added a tallit (a Jewish prayer shawl) to each page, and featured them on the cover too. Traditionally some boys begin wearing the tallit for the daily prayers from the age of Bar Mitzvah, whilst others wait till after marriage.
Whilst Micah's Mum supplied my customer with all the information about her son, she did not know what I was creating. "I am so curious about this present!" she wrote. I hope that both she and Micah were surprised by and pleased with what he received. 

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

really nice cover, but i especially like the corner designs you showed, too. how very nice!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful work. Micah sounds like he is going to grow into a very creative man!

Alison said...

Hey Lisa, thanks for visiting me! How clever that you've managed to get so many themes into Micah's album, I'm sure he'll be thrilled with it :-)

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

Gosh, what lovely cards you make, so personal. They must take you ages. Thanks for visitng my blog
Caz xx

Shareaholic