Thursday 4 June 2015

Jonny and Herbie

Jonny recently celebrated his birthday and I was asked to create a card for his big day. This year his wife asked me to show him sitting at his desk in his new position as Marketing Director at Unilever. The well-known Israeli food manufacturer Telma is one of Unilever's leading brands and I was asked to add a box of Israeli Telma Cornflakes breakfast cereal to the picture. 
Jonny is wearing his favourite blue cap, which I have shown him wearing several times before. Unusually there is no mention of football on this particular card. We stayed away from mentioning Reading FC, his favourite team, this time.
Another customer asked me to make a 60th birthday card for a very special family friend, Herbie. Herbie, she told me, is lots of fun. He is always in the kitchen (he's a caterer), though he keeps busy as the dishwasher as well as the chef. Oh and he also has a great smile! My customer sent me a photo of Herbie wearing this, ahem, very "tasteful" apron and asked me to incorporate it into my design as well.
I suggested the chef's hat and the tea towel in his hands, and added some cooking utensils and pots and pans around him. In the background you can see that the kitchen sink is full and that Herbie has his work cut out. At least he has got his apron on to cheer himself up!

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

both are great. laughed at the apron as soon as i saw it. :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Fun manly cards. The apron is a riot! It certainly says something about this man's playful personality.

Shareaholic