Sunday 26 July 2015

May their memory be a blessing

My friend Mandy recently celebrated her birthday. This year I decided to make her a papercut card. She and I were at art school together, ahem, quite a few years ago, so I added a little pencil next to her name. Granted these days she is using a computer more than a pencil for her wonderful design work, but a pencil seemed fitting! 
Of course not all cards are for birthdays or other happy occasions. A new customer in the United States asked me for some "Jewish condolence cards." Together we decided to add a Magen David (Star of David) and a Dove of Peace to the cards, along with a few pretty flowers. My customer chose the greeting "May their memory be a blessing", or in Hebrew, "יהי זכרו ברוך", a honorific in Judaism used when naming and speaking of the deceased. Once they had arrived in the United States, she kindly emailed to say she thought the cards were beautiful.

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful work as always Lisa! I love those condolence cards. They are great to have handy since you never know when you will need one.

VeggieMummy said...

What beautiful cards you make. I've been catching up on your recent posts - I love the bright umbrellas against the blue sky. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to 'put the kettle on'! xx

Shareaholic