Thursday 3 March 2016

Blond, Dark and Gingie!

A customer asked me to make a wedding card for Adi and Zvi. He's Anglo and she has Moroccan/Indian origins, my customer told me. She was keen for me to accentuate the difference in their skin colour, that he is blond and she is dark, but added that they are an adorable couple. She also thought it would be fun to add a food dish from each of their countries of origin, and perhaps an Israeli and US flag too. I gave Zvi an old-fashioned all-American apple pie and for Adi I crafted a little paper tajine pot filled with a tasty casserole. Adi and Zvi are both computer students, so I added a laptop computer, with a big red heart showing on the screen. Finally, the couple are standing under a chuppah, the canopy beneath which Jewish marriage ceremonies are performed.
My customer absolutely loved the card.
I made a ginger-themed card when Jo and Amit got married back in 2011. They recently welcomed a little boy to the world, so my customer requested another card, this time showing the redheaded parents with their new baby. Apparently he is strawberry blond at this stage, but I don't think that will last! I added some baby items too, as well as a little yellow duck, my customer's favourite bird.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

both very cute.

Denise Kiggan said...

These are Lovely ☺

Shareaholic