Monday 9 May 2016

Dove White and Sunny Yellow

We have just celebrated the holiday of Passover, or Pesach as we call it. I have explained the meaning behind the holiday previously. If you wish to read more about it, take a look at my posts here and here. Of course I made some cards for the holiday. My Passover cards show a Dove of Peace with an olive branch in its beak, hovering near a Star of David that has been placed on a background of Matza (unleavened bread). The customer who I sent these particular cards to thought that they were "wonderful".
Another customer ordered this papercut card from my Etsy shop for his sister. He asked me to personalise it with her age and chose a sunny yellow paper inlay. 
My Dad is a big Hull City fan. He celebrated his birthday last week and his card simply had to be a black and amber one (Dad's team traditionally plays in black and amber, often with a striped shirt design). I made a tiny striped scarf for his card and added the word "Dad" in amber letters, along with the team's latest shirt badge. He was very pleased with it, though I suspect that I wasn't the only person to send him a football themed card...

4 comments:

Joan B said...

you are so talented!!! love that birthday yellow

Quinn said...

I don't know how I missed it that you have an Etsy shop! It's where I do all my "window shopping." Just added you to my Favorites :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love your new designs Lisa. The dove is so sweet. That cutout would be so pretty on a simple spring card. I love the vibrant yellow accented papercut!

Ohmydearests said...

wow! your cards are just beautiful!

Shareaholic