Thursday 3 November 2016

The Young Ones

It was birthday time for Coby and Orly. This year Coby was turning 9 and Orly 8. Their auntie let me know what their favourite things are and I worked them onto the cards accordingly.
Coby was wearing his favourite jumper in the photo she sent me. He is really into music now - rock and jazz, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. He loves going to the Habonim Dror youth movement and he plays basketball at school. He also likes Tom Gates books and collecting things like seashells and keeping them in little boxes next to his bed.
I have shown him spinning a basketball on one finger (he may not be quite at that stage yet!). In his other hand he is holding a Tom Gates book. Coby is wearing his favourite jumper. Next to him are the logos of some of his favourite things and a little box of shells. A big number 9 finishes the card off.
Orly likes singing and drama, writing stories and reading books. She loves watching musicals - with lots of singing - and recently enjoyed the Danny Kaye Hans Christian Anderson film.
I attempted to show her in a sort of dramatic cum singing pose on her card. She is surrounded by books, and is writing something in the book in front of her. Next to Orly is the poster of her favourite film and a big number 8 to display her age.
The couple above recently had their first baby. My customer asked me to create a new baby card showing the first-time parents and their lovely little girl. She also wanted a card for a good friend who gave birth to her second child, also a little girl. This time I showed the new baby with her Mum and her brother, Gilad. A little pink onesie, a bottle of milk and a cute yellow duck are scattered around them.

9 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are so amazing! I just love your designs!
Thanks for linking up!

Miss Val's Creations said...

They are all so wonderful. The babies are adorable. I love that the 9 year old is listening to the same music I did as a child. It is fantastic that classics like Led Zeppelin are listened to by youngsters today!

Jeanie said...

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for popping over to visit me at Marmelade Gypsy. I'm so glad I came over here. Your designs are so happy and whimsical. They make me smile. Thanks for the happy today!

likeschocolate said...

Love the cards! What a wonderful gift to get! So personal!

Aritha V. said...

They all are nice but I love the sall details as the "speentje" in the mouth of the baby. I don't know the good English word for it. Sorry :)Next time I'll show soe of my 3 D cards. On Saterday I think.

Yours are so beautiful! You have golden hands.

TexWisGirl said...

really, really cute cards.

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Your designs are lovely and indeed so thoughtful. The people that receive cards made by you must be really happy. :)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So cute!! I love that you personalize each one. Thanks for sharing your talent with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Tamar SB said...

So talented! I love your work.

Shareaholic