Tuesday 25 April 2017

Anniversary Wishes

A customer asked me to make a card for special friends who were celebrating their 18th wedding anniversary. I suggested showing the couple and their four kids on the card, an idea which she really liked. Their youngest son was the most fun to illustrate. His blue rimmed glasses were rather fiddly to create but made me smile when finished. My customer's response to them was positive too. "I love M's specs. Brilliant!"
The family who received the card were even happier. "This has to be the best card we have ever received." she wrote on Facebook. "We love it, you are very talented."
Another customer asked me for an anniversary card for her daughter and son-in-law. She requested a small card and I had no specific brief, so I decided to re-make this card, in the more traditional colours associated with love, red and pink.
She also wanted a silver wedding anniversary card for a couple celebrating 25 years of marriage. Apparently the historic origins of wedding anniversaries date back to the Holy Roman Empire, when husbands crowned their wives with a silver wreath on their twenty-fifth anniversary, and a gold wreath on the fiftieth. This was a small card, so I decided to simply cut out a large silver number 25, which I embellished with some flowers and finished off with a silver bow. There was no wreath on this occasion!

12 comments:

Little Wandering Wren said...

You are indeed very talented, I could see why that anniversary card would be described as the best card ever!
Wren x

Tamar SB said...

These are so lovely!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

They are beautiful. The eyeglasses are so cute!

NCSue said...

I'm nearly to the end of sharing photos of your beautiful country. I hope you will keep in touch as I've come to think of you as someone I'd like to know!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/04/elvis-sighting-in-israel.html

Peabea Scribbles said...

These are put together so lovely. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work. :)

Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

lisa said...

You are extremely talented! These cards are lovely and will be treasured by the recipients for years to come.

Anonymous said...

It would be a great gift for a families' anniversary to receive a handmade card! As always very thoughtfully done. Thank you for being on All Seasons each week, Lisa!

VeggieMummy said...

No wonder the recipients love your cards; you are very talented. I wonder how many of them get framed. xx

elizabeth said...

I love your creativity!

Aritha V. said...

I love the cute eyeglasses!!!

handmade by amalia said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa, all three. I'm sure they will be treasured.
Amalia
xo

NanaHood said...

Very Cool!!!!

Shareaholic